What works to prevent anti-social behaviour?
The Anti-Social Behaviour Action Plan was published this week. It sets out the Government’s approach to stamping out anti-social behaviour across England and Wales.
BBC Radio 4 – Today programme
In response, Jon Yates – Executive Director of the Youth Endowment Fund – spoke to the Today programme to discuss what works to prevent anti-social behaviour, and puts forward the case for evidence-backed solutions.
Safer Streets: Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour to Level-Up
Jon also joined an expert panel, convened by Onward, to discuss the Government’s plan – considering whether it goes far enough, what needs to happen to make it a success and if it will lead to concrete results before the next election.
You can watch the discussion below.
- Adam Hawksbee, Deputy Director, Onward (Chair)
- Rt Hon Michael Gove MP, Levelling Up Secretary
- Professor Larry Sherman, Home Office Chief Scientific Advisor
- Katy Bourne OBE, Police and Crime Commissioner for Sussex
- Lord Nick Herbert, Chair, National College of Policing and Former Policing Minister
- Ndidi Okezie, CEO of UK Youth
- Cllr James Jamieson, Chair, Local Government Association
- Jon Yates, Exec Director, Youth Endowment Fund
BlogOne teenager punches and kicks another until the victim curls up in the foetal position on the ground. A boy sexually assaults a girl, while his friends cheer him on from the sidelines.
BlogThe Youth Endowment Fund is partnering with the Government and Youth Futures Foundation to deliver and evaluate summer jobs programmes for up to 2,600 young people at risk of becoming involved in youth violence and crime.
BlogThe study was commissioned to synthesise learning about the design, implementation and effectiveness of place-based approaches.