The Youth Endowment Fund has joined the Government’s What Works Network, as an affiliate member. It joins the Early Intervention Foundation, the lead What Works Centre responsible for early intervention to improve outcomes for children, and the Education Endowment Foundation, set up by Impetus and the Sutton Trust which seeks to improve educational attainment.
What Works Centres help to ensure that high quality, independently assessed evidence shapes decision-making by:
- collating evidence on policy and practice
- producing high quality synthesis reports and systematic reviews
- assessing how effective policies and practices are against an agreed set of outcomes
- sharing findings in an accessible way
- encouraging practitioners, commissioners and policymakers to use these findings to inform their decisions
Read more from Dr. Jo Casebourne about how the Youth Endowment Fund will adopt a ‘What Works’ approach.